Hey Guys! For those of you who know me well, you know that I am not one who loves to cook or even bake AT ALL…HA! Every once in a while I enjoy cooking something and I can get really into it, if I give it time, but its just not really my thing! To be honest, I just make a HUGE mess in the kitchen and I am mostly the one cleaning it up…LOL! So my hubby is the one who does the cooking around this household! Lilly and I are very lucky girls, Heidi sometimes too when she gets Lilly girls scraps!!
Do you guys ever get bored of packing the same old lunch for yourselves and your kiddos during the work week? I am always feeling like I pack Lilly the same foods each day and I get so bored. She eats great, but I have been feeling like I need to be more creative with what I make for her. I have also been looking for recipes to make that I can freeze for a couple months and just take out for easy meals, or even as a quick snack!
So this week, I decided that the small bag of apples we picked from a local farm in my hometown, just needed to go to good use! So I jumped on my Pinterest of course, and looked for the easiest, and most simple recipe for apple muffins! I have to say that this recipe was super easy, very quick to put together and did not require a ton of steps, which is a win in my momma book! Again, I found this recipe on Pinterest and it is under Easy Apple Cinnamon Muffins by recipegirl.com.
Easy Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- 1 cup of all purpose flour ( FYI: I actually did not have this and it came out fine without)
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large egg (FYI: I only had small eggs)
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 2 medium apples (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 1/4 cup of granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature (I had to melt my butter for maybe 10 seconds)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400*F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with muffins liners (I line mine with paper).
- In a medium bowl whisk together dry ingredients. Add oil, egg and milk and stir until combined. Fold in the apples. Divide batter into 12 muffins cups.
- In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients, blending together with a pastry cutter or fork (I used a fork). Sprinkle over unbaked muffins. I also gave each muffin a generous amount of toppings too!
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean. I just baked for 15 minutes and the muffins were slightly dry! Still yummy though!!
So like I said before, after making these, I put some aside in a zip lock bag and froze them for later!! Lilly girl chowed some down this morning with me and they are also hubby approved!!! So easy, quick and yummy for the whole family and made with fresh picked apples from a local farm I grew up at!!!
What are some of your favorite fall recipes? Let me know if you guys make these!!