I do not know about you, but I am constantly trying to look for NEW ideas on how to get out of the house and do something fun for both the toddler and pup, BUT lets be honest, when money is tight, what can you do?
I keep reminding myself that I DO NOT have to spend tons of money whenever I take Lilly out and I often want to take Heidi too if the weather is not super hot. It is so fun to go out and do busy, exciting, hands on activities, but they should not cost an arm and a leg..HA!
- Nature walk! It can be somewhere local, or farther out….Totally up to you! It can often be tough to find a state park or local conservatory that allows dogs in the summer months, BUT that is key with my Heidi girl. I sound crazy, but I love driving around some days and I found a great little nature walk for Heidi to enjoy! We heard the birds chirping, the wind blowing and the leaves swaying as we walked (well Lilly wanted to be held most of the way) and it was shady with the trees all around us! We at least got out, enjoyed the fresh air and some exercise!
2. Beach it! When you live on the water, you gotta get out in that ocean! Find free side street parking, bring your lunches from home and head on out! We LOVE our local beaches. This beach pictured, is one in which we boat too! The water is super shallow at low tide, so it creates a sandbar! SO FUN!! Lilly’s adorable Beach Bum hat is from https://gromsquadusa.com/!!
3. Outside at home water play! Lets be real, some days I just want t be lazy at home! But entertaining Lilly can be hard! My mom bought her this super cute mushroom pool for the yard, while I also have her water table out! Put some mini colored pom poms in and you have a great toddler activity!! Oh, and the bubble bottle is from my MIL..she was having too much from with that!! The pom poms I got from the dollar store, SCORE! This exact water table is available here https://www.amazon.com/Little-Tikes-Spiralin-Waterpark-Table/dp/B004INDQWY/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=water+table&qid=1564370444&s=gateway&sr=8-3 and Lilly’s bubble blaster bottle is linked here https://www.amazon.com/ArtCreativity-Purple-Blaster-Bottles-Solution/dp/B072LXDSQW/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=bubble+gun&qid=1564370578&s=gateway&sr=8-8
4. Playgrounds! So our town of Rockport just built a brand new playground in their local park and it is super cute! My husband also grew up playing in this park and though the playground is brand new to us, it is still SO FUN to watch her enjoy a place where her dadda grew up!! We can also walk to the local coffee shop, our favorite beach and bathrooms are right there too!
5. Farm fun! Most all the farms in our area that have animals, do not charge a walk on fee…which is absolutely fantastic!! This farm that we happened to visit this day is actually in my hometown of Amesbury and is famous for their Cider donuts! https://www.ciderhill.com/ is my top favorite farm to visit growing up and I love taking my daughter! We took a short trip this past week home to do some errands (my parents live about 10-15 minutes from Cider Hill) and visited the chickens, goats, shared some donuts of course and had a little fun on this tire swing! Lilly also was nt afraid to feed the chickens!
6. Local Band Night in Town! Our small town of Rockport has a local Music at the Beach most every Monday night in the summer. SO. MUCH. FUN!! I personally love this night because I get to run into some of my students and see how they are enjoying their summer, co-workers and family friends! It is just a great night to also watch Lilly dance and interact with other kiddos, while listening to great local artists! Our Legion hall members sell popcorn and hot dogs for $1 each!!!!!! So cheap…It is just a fun, family night of summer time music! I spy a https://remiegirl.com/ leotard on this babe..wink wink!!
Well friends, there you have it!! No need to go crazy and spend money at every place you go! Plenty to do locally, and far at such a low cost!! It is also great to ask around too!!
Where have you and your little’s gone this summer so far?